Saturday, February 7, 2015

How To: Contour & Highlight for Beginners | Kim Kardashian

Hi Lovelies and welcome back! When I think of a perfect sculpted contour and highlight my mind gravitates towards one celebrity and that is none other than Kim Kardashian. Kim is the epitome of a perfect contour and is a contour icon within the beauty community. When I first started learning how to contour and highlight, I was a lost soul. I could not do it to save my life. If there was a contour Olympics, I definitely would not have placed. I would always end up looking like I just got beat up and someone smeared mud all over my face...literally. It took countless YouTube videos and tutorials to finally learn the art of the contour, and I am by no means a master. As with any kind of makeup, you have good days and bad days. When I started watching videos done by beauty gurus I realized that not many had a tutorial for beginners that was step by step. I mean, not everyone who wants to learn how to contour is going to know what the point of contouring actually is and I believe that knowing the why of something, will make you much more successful in achieving the perfect results. So I figured I would take my skills and make a little video showing you how I get a sculpted face, and also why I am doing those things. Let me know what you think and what your tips and tricks are for achieving that perfect contour! I hope you guys enjoy and I will talk to you soon!


Products I Used:
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
Loreal True Match Foundation - N6
Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer
Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser - Light
Loreal True Match Foundation - N8
Beauty Blender
MAC Shaping Powder - Emphasize
Ulta Double Duty Powder Foundation - Warm
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector - Rose Gold
Benefit Hula Bronzer
BH Cosmetics Sculpt & Blend Brush Set
BH Cosmetics Rose Gold Brush Set

***all products have been purchased by me and all opinions are that of my own***

No comments:

Post a Comment